Secondary Teaching Endorsements

The University of Washington Masters in Teaching Program offers tracks with endorsements in History and Social Studies. Click on the links to see requirements specific to each endorsement.

For information on how to become certified to teach in public schools in Washington State, please contact our advising office.

For further information about the Masters in Teaching Program at the UW Seattle, please register online to attend an information session. If you are unable to attend an information session or have additional questions, please contact the College of Education's Office of Student Services at (206) 543-7834 or, or drop by their office in 206 Miller Hall.

For a list of teaching certificate programs in Washington state, please see the Superintendent of Public Instruction or the Washington Association of Colleges for Teacher Education.

University of Washington PCE offers continuing education programs for K-12 educators and administrators.