The History Fellows Application for Spring 2023 is now open. Please click here for the application form and note that you will need a UW NetID to access the form via Google Suite. The History Fellows Program application requires a current unofficial transcript, your most recent résumé, and a short personal statement. Applications were due by 5:00pm on March 20, 2023. Please read below for more details.
The History Fellows Program is a professionalization and internship program for undergraduate students interested in non-academic careers. In close collaboration with the University of Washington's Career & Internship Center, the program offers career workshops that teach how to write strong résumés, enhance interview skills, and build networks through personal meetings and social media. The program helps Fellows find internships in local businesses and organizations, exposing students to the dynamics and demands of fields that interest them. Fellows will emerge more confident in themselves and more prepared for the challenges that await them in their career endeavors.
The History Fellows program boosts the employability and marketability of history majors by enabling them to use the qualities and skills they have developed through studying history and apply these talents in professional settings. The History Fellows program and the Department of History are actively laying the groundwork for successful and fulfilling careers for all of their students.
In 2022-2023 the program is a 2 credit class in Spring 2023, HSTRY 495B (CR/NC). It is open to declared History majors who are anywhere in their academic career.
- Participate in Department of History and Career & Internship Center seminars and workshops (topics include writing effective résumés and cover letters and strategies for successful interviewing).
- Build dependable strengths and good experiences inventory.
- Explore professional networking and job/internship opportunities.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Open to all History majors and class levels at the University of Washington, Seattle. Priority will be given to junior and senior students.
- Applicants must be dedicated, motivated, creative, and culturally aware.
How to Apply
Applications consist of:
- A three hundred word personal statement explaining what has drawn you to History as a field and as a major, and what skills you have learned as a student of History that you expect to help you in your career
- An up-to-date unofficial transcript
- Your most recent résumé or CV
The application for the Spring 2023 History Fellows Program is now open. Please click here to access the application before the deadline of 5:00pm, Monday, March 20th, 2023. Please note that the application is only accessible via Google Forms using your UW NetID. If you find that you are denied access to the application form, it is likely because you have already logged into your browser using a different Google account. Please either log out of that account in your browser or open a private/incognito browsing window and then click the form link to access it.
For more information, contact History Undergraduate Advising.