Ph.D. Rutgers University, 1977
- Joshel, Sandra. Imperial Projections: Ancient Rome in Modern Popular Culture. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001. Print.
- Joshel, Sandra. Women and Slaves in Greco-Roman Culture: Differential Equations. New York: Routledge, 1998. Print.
- Joshel, Sandra. Work, Identity, and Legal Status at Rome: A Study of the Occupational Inscriptions. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1992. Print.
Research Advised: Graduate Dissertations
- Roy, Alyson. Engineering Power: The Roman Triumph as Material Expression of Power, 211 - 55 BCE. Diss. University of Washington, 2017. Chair: Sandra Joshel.
- Green, Mira. In and Out: Food, the Body, and Social Hierarchies in Roman Households. Diss. University of Washington, 2014. Chair: Sandra Joshel.
- Shattuck, Jason S.. A Place for Every Barbarian, A Road for Every Roman: Imperium, Movement, and Roman Identity from Pompey to Hadrian. Diss. University of Washington, 2012. Chair: Sandra Joshel.
- Spanier, Ethan. The Good Farmer in Ancient Rome: War, Agriculture and the Elite from the Republic to Early Empire. Diss. University of Washington, 2010. Chair: Sandra Joshel.